Who are we?
Rangiora Vet Centre is a practice with 21 vets situated just 20 mins north of Christchurch. We are a 'family' clinic where team culture and work-life balance are important.
The vet centre is growing fast and we need an enthusiastic, dedicated small animal emergency and critical care after-hours veterinary to join our team.
Proud to be one of New Zealand’s only BESTPractice Accredited hospitals, we are dedicated to offering excellence in patient care, client service and staff wellbeing. We work hard on maintaining a close, collegial team and encourage our vets to develop and grow their passions.
Our after-hours facility is a new service that is growing, we have a purpose-built hospital that is staffed 24/7 and as you would expect with a new facility we are very well resourced with all the equipment you would expect from a hospital standard practice. This includes:
- Purpose-built BESTPractice Accredited hospital
- A full IDEXX lab suite
- Digital Radiography
- Extensive surgical equipment
- Multiparameter patient monitors
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of 2 years’ veterinarian experience with a passion for emergency and critical care
- Ability to make fast decisions on patient care
- Able to multitask and be confident with treatment choices for your patients
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Good communication skills dealing with clients and the ability to build effective working relationships with clients and the RVC team
What will we offer you?
- Backing from well trained and supportive RVC team
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 4 weeks paid annual leave
- Excellence opportunities for continued learning and development in a variety of areas
- Support for professional progression including paid CPD, 1 weeks paid CPD leave & payment of your annual practice certificate
- A healthy regard for work-life balance
Rangiora Vet Centre has served the community for over 50 years and continually strives to deliver excellence to its very loyal clients. Rangiora is one of the fastest growing towns in New Zealand with a vibrant population of over 15,000. It is ideally situated on the door step of Christchurch and less than an hour from Canterbury's natural play ground that provides skiing, fishing, boating, mountain biking, hunting and hiking. You get the best of city and outdoor lifestyle!
Our after-hours team by necessity operates on a rotational shift basis which includes working overnight and on weekends and public holidays. You would be rostered on 3/4 shifts per week and work alongside a team of critical care nurses and other Emergency and Critical Care After-Hours Veterinarians. We would love to hear from vets interested in hearing more about our special place to work.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please send your application including CV & Cover letter to:
Rangiora Vet Centre
Phone: 03 313 7438 or 021 034 8383